We hope that your school will join the Gilder Lehrman Affiliate School program. The Affiliate School program is a network of K–12 schools who are committed to promoting history education. The program offers schools and teachers access to free resources, invitations to events, and web tools designed to enhance the teaching of American history in the classroom. The program is funded by a “We the People” Challenge Grant from the National Endowment for the Humanities and is free of cost to schools and teachers. Affiliate Schools receive:
- access to the exclusive teaching resources online
- free materials three times every school year
- a discount on all Gilder Lehrman publications
- waived shipping fees for selected traveling exhibitions
- invitations to lectures and other special events
- preferential consideration for Teacher Seminars
As a member of the Affiliate School program, each school is required to complete an annual survey, administered by an outside assessment firm, to help track the effectiveness of the program, the resources offered, and school development. This allows the Institute to internally evaluate history education needs and report information about the grant to the National Endowment for the Humanities.
We hope that your school will join us. If you have additional questions please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call (646) 366-9666.
The Gilder Lehrman Institute of American History