Applications are due by March 2, 2015. Notifications will be sent out in the first week of April.
At the time of application students:
- Must be considered juniors or seniors in an accredited college or university in the United States.
- Must be a history or American studies major with an American history concentration.
- An academic writing sample of 7–10 pages
- Two (2) letters of recommendation from an American history or American studies professor
- Personal statement in the form of a 500-word academic autobiography giving special attention to achievements in American history and public service
- An official transcript which can be mailed to:
The Gilder Lehrman Institute of American History
49 West 45th Street
New York, NY 10036