Participants who elect to stay on campus will be housed on campus in Gettysburg College dorms. Dorm types vary. Rooms will be assigned based on dorm availability and registration numbers.
All participants will have a single bedroom but may share common space and bathroom facilities with other participants in either an apartment-style or traditional dorm setting as outlined below.
- Offers private bedrooms with shared bathrooms and common areas within a suite.
- Most of the apartment-style housing is located on the northwest side of campus, near the Jaeger Fitness Center and College Union Building.
- Recommended parking – Stadium Lot
- ADA-compliant rooms are available in each building, and most apartment buildings have elevators.
- All suites are equipped with standard dorm furniture (including living area), air conditioning, full-sized refrigerator, and microwave.
- Offers a private room and bathroom in motel-style residence halls, which have exterior corridors and attached parking lots.
- Most of this housing is located on the northeast side of campus, near Carlisle Street and the Admissions building.
- ADA-compliant rooms are available in each building, but there is no elevator access as most of the dorms are one level.
- All rooms are equipped with standard dorm furniture, air conditioning, mini-fridge, and microwave.
Dorms are equipped with basic bedding and furniture. Participants will be provided twin extra-long sheets, a pillow and blanket, and towels but some might prefer to bring their own linens. Participants should plan to bring toiletries, including hand-soap, body wash, and shampoo/conditioner.
As a courtesy, the Gilder Lehrman Institute has a room block on hold at the below hotel, July 16–19, 2023, with the option of an additional day on July 15 for participants who would like to arrive a day early. Participants who wish to stay in an off-campus hotel must make a reservation and pay the hotel directly. Participants who stay off campus will not receive a meal plan on campus (although they may purchase a meal plan separately closer to the start of the Symposium).
- 0.8 miles to campus
- Room rate: $179–$219 per night
- Booking link: https://reservations.travelclick.com/77420?groupID=3705696
- Booking by phone: Call 717-337-2000 and ask for the Gilder Lehrman Institute Courtesy Block.
- Rooms are based on availability.
- Contact the hotel directly if you have any questions.
- Rooms will be released on June 2, 2023.