Below is an example of a course held in summer 2021.
The AP US Government and Politics test requires strong knowledge of nine documents considered to be foundational to American government. This course will focus on in-depth study and discussion of those nine documents. Each class will focus on one or two documents and examine their background, their message, and the impact each has had on American history and government. In addition, we will discuss how these documents might be used on the AP exam to increase students’ confidence preparing for the test.
- The course begins on Wednesday, June 30, 2021.
- Classes will occur once a week for six weeks.
- Classes will not meet on July 14.
- Classes will begin at 4:00 p.m. ET/1:00 p.m. PT.
- Weekly classes are 60 minutes in length on Zoom. These sessions will incorporate a combination of lectures, activities conducted on the Zoom chat, polls, Q&As, and discussions.
This course is for high school students (grades 9–12). Parents, teachers, and other adults are welcome to attend the course but are asked not to participate in polls or submit discussion questions so that we may prioritize student learning.
Lesson Schedule and Registration
Registration is for the full 6-session course. Students must have a Gilder Lehrman account to register for a History School course. Create a free account here. Please follow the instructions on the registration page.
Once registered, students will be enrolled in the Gilder Lehrman Online Learning Community and have access to course content and materials.