The Gilder Lehrman Institute’s National Academy of American History and Civics is open exclusively to high school sophomores and juniors nominated by their school for the Richard Gilder History Prize. Once accepted to the program, students have access to:
- Eligibility for special scholarship programs at major universities
- Free online courses in American history through our History School program
- Exclusive, inside advice from admissions officers on every aspect of the college process
- Eligibility for the David McCullough Essay Prizes, with cash prizes totaling $25,000
- A highlight to add to your resume and college applications
Students who have been nominated for the Richard Gilder History Prize can enroll in the NAAHC here.