Announcing the 2022 National History Teacher of the Year Finalists
Posted by Gilder Lehrman Staff on Wednesday, 09/07/2022
The Gilder Lehrman Institute is delighted to announce the ten finalists for the National History Teacher of the Year Award for 2022.
- Caitlin Halperin of Auburn High School in Auburn, Alabama
- Lisa Rauschart of Georgetown Day School in Washington, DC
- Misha Matsumoto Yee of St. Andrew’s Schools - The Priory in Honolulu, Hawaii
- Kari Catanzaro of Maconaquah High School in Bunker Hill, Indiana
- Adam Sakel of Airport Senior High School in Carleton, Michigan
- Caitlin Goodwin of McGraw Jr. Sr. High School in McGraw, New York
- Amy Palo of Cornell High School in Coraopolis, Pennsylvania
- Tracy Todd of Easley High School in Easley, South Carolina
- Melissa Collins of John P. Freeman School in Memphis, Tennessee
- James Nau of Lakeside School in Seattle, Washington
Since 2004, 960 exemplary American history teachers from elementary, middle, and high schools in all fifty states, Department of Defense schools, Washington DC, and US territories have been named State History Teacher of the Year. Many have gone on to work with the Institute, some as master teachers for programs such as History School.
The History Teacher of the Year Award highlights the crucial importance of history education by honoring exceptional American history teachers from elementary school through high school.
The 2022 National History Teacher of the Year will be announced on September 27.
The award ceremony will take place on October 18 at the Harvard Club in New York City.