Congratulations to the 2023 EduHam Online Winners!
Posted by Gilder Lehrman Staff on Wednesday, 03/15/2023
The Gilder Lehrman Institute of American History and Hamilton are pleased to announce the twenty winners of the Hamilton Education Program Online, a free program for middle and high school students nationwide.
All participants—either through their school or in a parent-approved home program– had the opportunity in the 2022–2023 school year to enter their performance piece in both a national competition and a lottery. The twenty performance videos student creators—10 winners and 10 chosen via a lottery—will receive an expenses-paid, full-day theater experience in New York City in Spring 2023, including a performance of Hamilton.
2023 EduHam Online Winning Performances:
- “Mercy Otis Warren” (Cesar Chavez High School, Laveen, AZ)
- “The Friendship of Thomas Jefferson and John Adams” (The Harker School, San Jose, CA)
- “Patrick Henry” (The Harker School, San Jose, CA)
- “The Boston Tea Party” (St. Paul's School, Visalia, CA)
- “Women in the Revolution” (Von Steuben Metro Science Center, Chicago, IL)
- “People Run—The Lexington and Concord” (North Oldham Middle School, Goshen, KY)
- “The Divorce of 1836” (at-home project in Oxon Hill, MD)
- “Alexander Hamilton: The Rap” (West Bloomfield High School, West Bloomfield, MI)
- “Regret” (Chatham High School, Chatham, NJ)
- “Forever Theodosia” (Grisham Middle School, Austin, TX)
2023 EduHam Online Lottery-Winning Performances:
- “Angelica’s Past” (R.F. Bumpus Middle School, Hoover, AL)
- “Olaudah Equiano” (Mountainside Middle School, Scottsdale, AZ)
- “Valley Forge” (St. Paul's School, Visalia, CA)
- “Enough Is Enough” (East Liverpool High School, East Liverpool, OH)
- “Dear Eliza” (Wilton Jr./Sr. High School, Wilton, IA)
- “King George III” (Mayberry Culture and Fine Arts Magnet Middle School, Wichita, KS)
- “Incognito Spy” (Community School of Davidson, Davidson, NC)
- “The General” (Chatham High School, Chatham, NJ)
- “Death of Hamilton” (Lycee Francais de New York, New York, NY)
- “Pamphlet Wars” (Roseway Heights Middle School, Portland, OR)
Congratulations to this year’s winners!
Schools and parents interested in signing up for this free program can visit gilderlehrman.org/eduhamonline to sign up.