The Affiliate School Program, free to all K–12 schools, is a unique gateway to education resources, events, and tools designed to bring American history to life in the classroom. Registration is easy and there are no hidden fees.
Our network of more than 31,000 schools connects teachers and students to valuable resources, including
- UNLIMITED access to the Gilder Lehrman Collection’s catalog of more than 80,000 primary sources and classroom resources
- FREE subscription to the online journal History Now and our weekly historian book talk program Book Breaks
- EXCLUSIVE eligibility for our highly popular Teacher Seminars
- FREE classroom-ready books, posters, and other materials distributed monthly, with no caps on the number of requests
- EXCLUSIVE DISCOUNTS on Self-Paced Courses and other professional development opportunities, such as our How Did We Get Here? series
- EXCLUSIVE opportunities to nominate students for scholarships with colleges and universities across the country
Created with the support of the National Endowment for the Humanities, the Gilder Lehrman Affiliate School Program provides free resources and support for teaching and studying American history.