The Gettysburg College–Gilder Lehrman MA in American History is for K–12 educators (including district supervisors, librarians, museum professionals, and National Park Service employees) who are affiliated with the Gilder Lehrman Institute. Visit the MA Program FAQs for more information on eligibility.
Gettysburg College–Gilder Lehrman applications for the 2022–2023 academic year are now open. The Summer 2023 courses will begin June 1, 2023, and will remain open for registration until June 7, 2023.
The deadline to apply for Summer 2023 Term I is May 18, 2023. The deadline to apply for Summer 2023 Term II is June 29, 2023. Applications for the Fall 2023 and Spring 2024 terms are open and considered on a rolling basis.
Requirements for Applying
The button at the bottom of the page will direct you to the application process. You must provide the following documents to complete your application. NOTE: PLEASE ONLY APPLY ONCE. The Gettysburg College system will only respond the first time you click the button at the bottom of the page. After you’ve begun the application, you can access it directly with the link you receive over email.
- Transcripts: Unofficial transcripts must be provided from ALL post-secondary degree-granting institutions attended, including the institution that granted your bachelor’s degree. Upon acceptance, students must provide official transcripts from all post-secondary degree-granting institutions. There are instructions for how to submit digital copies and hard copies on the Gettysburg College application page.
NOTE: You cannot send in official transcripts. They must come directly from their corresponding institutions.
- A Gilder Lehrman Letter of Affiliation: Click here to access the Gilder Lehrman Letter of Affiliation. It will open in a new window. Download the pdf and save it in a location where you can find it. You will be asked to upload the pdf directly to the Gettysburg College application.
- A Letter of Intent: In one to two pages, explain who you are, why you are applying to this program, and why you would be a valuable addition to the program.
- An Up-to-Date Resume
- English-proficiency test scores are required for applicants who have not completed a degree at a college or university where English was the primary language of instruction. Scores are accepted from the following tests:
- Duolingo English Test (100-point or 150-point scale)