2021 Teacher Seminars
Registration for 2021 Teacher Seminars is now closed. The registration deadline was May 14. Thank you for your interest and we hope you take advantage of other opportunities that the Gilder Lehrman Institute of American History has to offer.
We are pleased to launch the 2021 Teacher Seminars program. This is the 27th year that the Gilder Lehrman Institute of American History is offering teachers the opportunity to study in seminars with eminent American history professors and dive deep into primary sources with master teachers. We will be offering 21 different seminars online this summer from June 14 to August 5, 2021, and for the first time ever, you can register for as many seminars as you like.
Each Teacher Seminar includes the following:
- Between 12 and 15 hours of video lectures by leading historians
- MP3 audio recordings of each lecture
- At least 3 live scholar Q&A sessions
- 2 live pedagogy sessions led by Gilder Lehrman Master Teachers
- Selected primary sources, lesson plans, spotlights from the Gilder Lehrman Collection, and other classroom-ready resources
- Social Hour to network with peers
- A certificate confirming completed hours/CEUs for the seminar (upon successful completion of seminar requirements)
- New in 2021:
Plenary sessions with historians. These hour-long sessions will be open exclusively to seminar participants and will feature historians speaking about their current work and books with time for a participant Q&A. These sessions will feature:
- David Armitage, Harvard University
- Edward Ayers, University of Richmond
- Andrew Delbanco, Columbia University
- Martha Jones, Johns Hopkins University
- Brenda Stevenson, University of California, Los Angeles
- New in 2021: Program-wide specialized pedagogy sessions featuring our most requested topics, including sessions geared for teacher Elementary students and AP US History, Eduham, teaching online and grounding difficult conversations in historical context.
These Teacher Seminars are open exclusively to participants in the Institute’s free Affiliate School Program as well as community college Instructors. Check here to see if your school is in the Affiliate School Program. If not, you can sign up here.
For the list of Teacher Seminars, click here.