2023 Teacher Seminars
We are pleased to launch the 2023 Teacher Seminars program. This is the 29th year that the Gilder Lehrman Institute of American History is offering teachers the opportunity to study in seminars with eminent American history professors and dive deep into primary sources with master teachers. We will be offering twelve different seminars online this summer from June 26 to August 3, 2023, as part of a full slate of professional development programming offered by the Institute this summer. Registration is just $25 per seminar, and you are welcome and encouraged to register for as many seminars as you like. Email us at email@example.com if you are interested in registering for three seminars or more for special discount codes and offers. Register at the link provided here.
Each Teacher Seminar includes the following:
- 3 live scholar Q&A sessions
- 2 live pedagogy sessions led by Gilder Lehrman Master Teachers
- 1 live session for open discussion and networking with peers
- Between 9 and 15 hours of video lectures by leading historians
- MP3 audio recordings of lectures
- Selected primary sources, lesson plans, spotlights from the Gilder Lehrman Collection, and other classroom-ready resources
- A certificate confirming completed hours/CEUs for the seminar (upon successful completion of seminar requirements)
In addition, select seminars will be sponsored by museums and historic sites across the country and include special live sessions and resources.
Teacher Seminars are open exclusively to participants in the Institute’s free Affiliate School Program, community college instructors, and National Park Service employees. Check here to see if your school is in the Affiliate School Program. If not, you can learn more and sign up here.
For the list of the Teacher Seminars on offer in 2023, click here. We look forward to seeing everyone in summer 2023!