FELLOWS ARE REQUIRED TO
- Complete their research within two years of notification of the award
- Meet the Director of the Scholarly Fellowship Program at the Gilder Lehrman Institute during their research trip to New York City, or schedule a conversation online
- Submit an essay of 750–1000 words on their topic, plus a separate paragraph documenting the archival collections consulted during the term of the Fellowship
TO APPLY, CANDIDATES MUST SUBMIT
- A project proposal (2–5 pages) including current contact information, a list of primary sources to be consulted, and an anticipated budget. This year, special attention will be given to topics on colonial America; the history of slavery and abolition; and the Cold War. Preference will be given to applicants in these fields, although projects on all aspects of American history are welcome.
- A curriculum vitae (of any length)
- Two letters of recommendation from established scholars
Applications must be submitted online by Friday, September 24, 2021. All applicants will be notified of their status by Friday, October 15, 2021.
Phone: (646) 366-9666, ext. 129
Fax: (646) 366-9669