Open Positions at the Gilder Lehrman Institute
Manager of Website and Technology
The Gilder Lehrman Institute of American History is the nation’s leading American history organization dedicated to K–12 education. The Institute’s mission is to promote the knowledge and understanding of American history through educational programs and resources. At the Institute’s core is the Gilder Lehrman Collection, one of the great archives in American history. Drawing on the 70,000 documents in the Gilder Lehrman Collection and an extensive network of eminent historians, the Institute provides teachers, students, and the general public with direct access to unique primary source materials.
In recent years the Institute has partnered with the producers of Lin-Manuel Miranda’s HAMILTON to recruit more than 250,000 students in Title I-eligible schools nationwide for the acclaimed Hamilton Education Program, recently adapted into an online format for remote and hybrid learning that combines American history and creative expression to bring the Founding Era to life.
With an increased emphasis on digital learning, expanding access to teachers and students is core to the Institute’s mission. The Institute seeks a Manager of Website and Technology to oversee our websites and supporting systems, as well as technical assistance and customer service related to the Gilder Lehrman website. The ideal candidate should be a strong self-starter and comfortable working with non-technical staff in a fast-paced environment.
Roles and Responsibilities (including, but not limited to)
- Ensure that the main GLI website and its related sites are well-maintained and secure
- Maintain high-level view of website structure, needs, and supporting applications
- High-level management of the database, Salesforce, and support the Manager of Technical Services in troubleshooting, creating reports, uploading users, and assisting staff
- Ensure applications and data are secure, appropriately backed up and up-to-date
- Project and people management
- Manage staff of two, a Website Designer and a Manager of Technical Services
- Manage third-party vendor products that are integrated with the website as well as relationship with vendors
- Create documentation and training for staff and 3rd party vendors
- Respond to inquiries and requests from a broad base of internal and external users, many of whom are not proficient with the website’s technology
- Gather information, analyze problems, apply patches, and troubleshoot errors, often under the pressure of time constraints
- Assist in research and production of digital assets for the GLI website
- Oversee management of servers and other supporting systems
Skills and Qualifications include
- Drupal: Experience with system configuration, content type construction, user/permission management, UberCart administration, Webforms creation, and basic theming • Requires proficiency with the current Drupal content management system (currently migrating to version 9 from version 7) and familiarity working in a LAMP stack environment • Salesforce: experience with system configuration, custom field and profile management, event creation, membership tools, reporting, and financial record administration preferred
- Experience working in Google analytics / SEO
- Experience working in a LAMP stack environment • Experience with providing customer service
- Able to communicate clearly and concisely
- Able to manage multiple projects on time and within budget
- Adobe Creative Suite a plus
- Interest in supporting K–12 education is a plus
- Passion for American history is a plus
Interested candidates must submit a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include “Manager of Website and Technology” in the subject line of your email.
The Gilder Lehrman Institute is an equal opportunity employer and considers all applications without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status.