The Perfect Gift for Your Favorite History Lover: Self-Paced Courses
Posted by Gilder Lehrman Staff on Tuesday, 11/22/2022
Looking for the perfect gift to give your favorite history teacher, precocious student, or relative who loves learning about American history?
Register for free with the Gilder Lehrman Institute and Self-Paced Courses gift certificates are ready and waiting for you!
What you should know:
- Self-Paced Courses offer graduate-level online instruction in American history by eminent historians.
- Courses are available to watch or listen to on your own time and at your own pace, with no deadlines or expiration dates.
- Courses can also be used by educators to obtain professional development credit, with certificates available upon completion of the accompanying quizzes.
- Courses can also be taken just for fun, with no quizzes required!
What do Self-Paced Courses include?
- Video lectures by a leading historian
- Digital labs and pedagogy sessions
- Audio recordings of each lecture
- Primary sources and in-depth readings
- A series of short quizzes to review your knowledge
- A certificate of completion for the course
What eras are covered in Self-Paced Courses?
- Colonization and Settlement, 1585–1763
- The American Revolution
- National Expansion and Reform, 1815–1860
- The Civil War and Reconstruction, 1861–1877
- The Rise of Industrial America, 1877–1900
- The Progressive Era to the New Era, 1900–1929
- The Great Depression and World War II, 1929–1945
- 1945 to the Present
In addition, we offer the following Special Topics in American History:
- The American West
- Black Women’s History
- Black Writers in American History
- The History of American Protest
- Historiography and Historical Methods
- Teaching with Documents: Using Primary Sources in the Classroom
Browse more than 50 courses here.
Get your holiday gift certificate for as many Self-Paced Courses as you like here! Remember that registration is free and one-step.
Still have questions? Please email firstname.lastname@example.org.